Effective Thursday, May 5, 2022, the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside, in cooperation with the White Mountain Fire Coordinating Group, will be initiating the Town’s Fire Restrictions for those areas within the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside. These restrictions are:
A. The Following acts are prohibited until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire unless noted in the exemptions below.
- Smoking outside of designated areas.
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorize the otherwise prohibited act.
- Fires used only for the cooking of food or for providing warmth for human beings or for recreational purposes (campfires and charcoal fires) in an area that is designated for that purpose and is barren or cleared of all debris.
- Smoking within enclosed buildings and inside vehicles is allowed. Smoking may also be allowed in or on porches, carports, garages, parking lots and other areas or properties which are cleared of all combustible materials so long as the smoking does not create a substantial risk of fire. Throwing or discarding lit cigarettes, cigars, or other smoking materials from a vehicle, or from ones’ possession outdoors is prohibited.
- Persons using a device solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within 3 feet of the device.
- Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
- Any Federal, State, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
An exemption does not absolve an individual or organization from liability of responsibility for any fire started by the exempted activity.
All citizens and visitors are reminded that Stage 1 fire and smoking restrictions are in effect on National Forest land within city limits and in most Northeastern Arizona communities. During “red flag warning,” “wind advisory” or “high wind warning” conditions, no open outdoor fires, campfires, charcoal fires, or outdoor smoking is permitted on either public or private property within the Town.
Thu May 26
Thu Jun. 2
Thu Jun. 9
Tue Jun. 14
Thu Jun. 16
Town Hall Hours: M – F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
325 W. White Mountain Blvd.
Lakeside, AZ. 85929
Hours: M – F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Saturday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- 325 W. White Mountain Blvd., Lakeside, AZ. 85929
- (928) 882-2665
Maps will be available in the outside kiosk 24 hours a day.
The library is open Monday - Friday from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm.
- 1595 Johnson Dr., Lakeside, AZ. 85929
- (928) 368-6688
- Learn more at https://www.pinetoplakesidelibrary.org