Short-Term Rental Permit
Short-term/vacation rental owners must obtain and maintain an annual town license for each Pinetop-Lakeside property. The annual license fee is $250 per property.
Pinetop-Lakeside’s licensing portal will open September 5, 2023, and owners of existing short-term/vacation rental properties must obtain licenses by November 15, 2023. New short-term/vacation rental properties must also comply with ordinance requirements and be licensed before being offered for rent in Pinetop-Lakeside.
Note: The town’s license described here applies only to rentals of less than 30 days. Owners renting for 30 days or longer do not need to obtain a license through this process.
If you are looking for assistance in setting up your short-term rental account, please contact GovOS at email@example.com or by phone at (888) 751-1911.
- Who needs to apply for a Short-Term Rental Permit?
- What if I do not obtain a Short-Term Rental Permit?
- What is the cost of an STR Registration?
- Does my short-term rental permit apply to multiple properties?
- Do I have to display my permit?
- What do I need to do if I want to start renting my property as a short-term rental?
- Can a home be used as a short-term rental if there is a homeowners association (HOA)?
- I did not receive, or I misplaced the letter with my activation code. What do I do?
- I forgot my password. What do I do?
- Can I manage multiple properties with one login?
- Can a property have more than one user?
- How do I change the User on a Property?
- I need to close my account. What do I do?
- Do I have to login to GovOS to see my alerts and reminders?
- How do I notify my neighbors?
Steps to Obtain a Pinetop-Lakeside Short-Term Rental License
If you need any help with this process, please contact GovOS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 751-1911 for assistance.
IMPORTANT: Before beginning your license application, the following documents, ready to upload, are needed:
The portal will ask that these documents be attached. If you do not have these completed and ready to upload, you are not ready to proceed with the application. Unfortunately, if the attachments are missing or incorrect, the software will DENY the application and cause a delay in approval because the application will have to be updated.
- A valid TPT License is required for each rental property in Pinetop-Lakeside; your TPT number will be needed to apply for the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside rental license. Obtain your TPT license from ADOR
- Proof of Property Ownership: Acceptable documentation is a copy of your Warranty Deed or latest property tax bill. No other documents will be accepted.
- Proof of Liability Insurance: Please upload evidence of liability insurance appropriate to cover the vacation rental in the aggregate of at least five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000) or evidence that each vacation rental transaction will be provided through a platform that provides equal or greater primary liability insurance coverage for the vacation rental.
- Proof of Local Emergency Contact: Please provide a photo of the emergency point of contact driver's license, or other proof of local residency. The owner or emergency point of contact whose name appears on the permit application must be on the vacation rental premises or be available over the phone or text within sixty (60) minutes of a violation response request.
If you have all of the documents above and have received a GOVoS letter with your activation code, you are ready to begin.
If you have not received, or have misplaced the letter with your activation code, contact GovOS at email@example.com or by phone at (888) 751-1911 for assistance. You will need to confirm account details to be verified for the account.
Step 2: Register your user account using the account number and activation code in your GovOS letter.
Step 3: In your business portal, complete each step that populates under open tasks. (Please note you will only be presented with one step at a time.)
- Confirm Welcome Message
- Complete the Permit Application Form
- Upload proof of Ownership document.
- Upload proof of TPT License
- Upload proof of Liability Insurance.
- Upload proof of Local Emergency Contact
Step 4: These documents will be reviewed by the Town of Pinetop-Lakeside for approval. If any of these documents fail to meet approval, you will receive an email notification to resubmit. If your application and documents are approved, you will move on to the next step.
Step 5: You will receive an email that provides your license number. This number will be required to complete the next step. Your license will not be active until all steps have been completed.
Step 6: Complete your Neighbor Notification and digitally sign the attestation on your GovOs account. Details of what needs to be included in the Neighbor Notification are in the email you received in step 5.
Step 7: Pay the STR Registration Fee.
Step 8: A final approval email will be sent to you. You can log into your GovOs account to print the final permit.
You will receive an email notification when your account is due for renewal. (Annually on the date of your initial approval)
Do I need to pay sales tax on short-term rentals?
Yes, you will need to collect state/county and city taxes. Short-term rentals are required to remit transaction privilege tax at the same rate as a hotel (transient occupancy tax).
How do I get a Transaction Privilege Tax License?
Go to the Arizona Department of Revenue
What is the tax rate for short rentals?
12.38 % Total
If I only rent my home out for a few days or weeks a year, do I still need a transaction privilege tax license and to pay taxes?
If I am only renting out a room in my house, do I still need a transaction privilege tax license and to pay taxes?
AirBnb remits taxes on my behalf. Is it still necessary to obtain a TPT license?
Be A Good Neighbor
It is always important to be a good neighbor. Please keep your neighbors in mind when renting your house in Pinetop-Lakeside. Please ensure your tenants are well-versed with the following Good Neighbor Conduct guides to ensure everyone enjoys our beautiful community.